Emkan Outreach & Extension Programs
Emkan worked on developing programs whereby providing farmers with incentives in order for them to commit to acquiring new capacities, developing best practices and enhancing the quality of production process by implementing an IPM model. Some of these programs are as follows:
- A full time agronomist is assigned to deliver the necessary extension services that provide orchard assessment visits in addition to providing training activities to apple producers in the region.
- Introduced new apple varieties in 75 new pilot orchards in 2012.
- Started one apple pilot orchard on trellis in Fneideq under the LIVCD cost-sharing project.
- Established three cherry orchards on trellis in Fneideq under the LIVCD cost-sharing project.
- Established 30 pilot avocado orchards in partnership with the USAID - Lebanese Industry Value Chain Development (LIVCD), a cost-sharing project: July 1, 2016 – November 30, 2017.